Friday, August 17, 2007

Summer

What a pity ,.........the requests for schoolteacher appointments have started to appear in the papers,a sure sign that summer is over.Where did it go ? It seems only a few weeks ago that we were making plans for all the places we were going to go ....all the things we were going to do...somehow each planned adventure assumed that the weather would co-operate and scorching sunshine would be a background to our outings...

But, literally,every cloud has a silver lining, with all the rain we have had here in Ireland since the beginning of our summer (it is now the 17th of Aug and we have had rain every day since the 1st of June) I never remember this country looking so GREEN...we seem to be having a lot of different wild birds visiting us this year also (if only we had more cash-paying human visitors) and people seem to be in good humour...except of course when I visit the supermarket and the lady before me decides to reach for her purse only after all her shopping has been carefully tucked away,and then I'm told that I have to wait 4 minutes for my credit card to be verified..... ..anyway thats another story...apart from that everyone seems to have accepted the weather....I can hardly wait to see what our Autumn,Winter has in store....

No comments: